earlymorningcruzin podcast

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Another Mercedes Half Marathon in the bank

Well.. it has taken me a while to do to my post race blog update!!! That's not a negative, I've just been busy... and lazy sense the race was finished. It is kind of a mental thing.. You accomplish a big goal and you put it behind you and move on to the next task at hand. It is even more difficult to go back when all goes according to plan and you really don't have much to say, other than your goal was met.

I don't know if it's a sign of the training plan that I have been using or not.. but I have been using the Hal Higdon Advanced Half Marathon plan.. and the pacing during the training has been in line with a projected 1:35 finish. Well that is just what I did.  

I did as I have done every one of the past eight races, I traveled up to Birmingham on Saturday to stay the night before the race at my sister's. I visited the Expo on Saturday and saw fellow hometown runners Kym and Drew. I took in the sites of the expo and visited a couple of the booths.. kttape was there and they were glad to talk to a tweeter follower.
 
For a little more detail of the race.. you can listen in on my podcast (links are to the right)
 
Finish Stats:  
17th in 45 - 49 age group 
148th overall (approx 3200 total runners)
16th place at the 10K 43:19 
Finish time: 1:35:55 @ avg 7:20 /mi.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Prattville, Alabama, United States